On the court and the field – the “Fall 2” athletic season is set to begin. Sports included in the season are Volleyball, Bowling, Cheer and Football.
Whether it’s streaming live or outside in the stands, we can’t wait to support our athletes!
Our Athletic Department and streaming team behind the scenes will do their best to bring you as many of these games live.
Where to watch contests online
Attending contests in person
Spectator guidelines have been created by working closely with the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA), Section 2, and the Suburban Council. The guidelines also follow guidance from the New York State Department of Health.
- At this time, spectators are not allowed to attend indoor athletic events at Guilderland. This includes varsity, JV and modified volleyball and unified bowling. We plan to revisit this soon. An exception will be made for “senior night” ceremonies. Parents and guardians will be allowed to attend the “senior night” ceremony and game.
- At this time, only 2 spectators per student-athlete are allowed at all outdoor athletic events. This includes varsity, JV, Frosh and modified football and game day cheer in the Fall 2 season.
- All spectators must have a Suburban Council badge to enter an athletic contest. These badges are labeled by sport and level.
- All spectators for Guilderland home contests must complete our health screening before being allowed into the game. Event chaperones will have a hard copy screening available for spectators at the entrance table.
- As per NYSDOH guidance, spectators must maintain six feet of physical distance between individuals and/or family/household units at all times and all spectators must wear face coverings when they are in common areas and situations where six feet of distancing is not able to be maintained, so as long as they are over the age of two and medically able to tolerate such covering.
All other Suburban Council schools will have very similar guidelines; however, it is best to check each school’s homepage on Schedule Galaxy for exact guidelines.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the following:
Dave Austin, Director of Athletics – email@example.com
Lisa Slusarz, Athletic Dept. Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Gawrys, Athletic Trainer – email@example.com