Ms. Kim Harmon, School Librarian
During school hours 7:50 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.
The mission of the Guilderland Central School District Library Media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
To accomplish this, we will;
- provide instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas, and
- work with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Kindergarteners may have 2 items checked out at a time.
- First through fifth graders may have up to 5 items checked out at a time.
- Additionally, students may check out up to 3 eBooks or audiobooks through BOCES OverDrive.
Circulation time period
- Books and read along (book with a CD) may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Magazines may be checked out for 1 week.
- Items may be renewed in the library.
- Overdue materials must be returned before new materials can be checked out. We do not charge overdue fees.
Lost or damaged books
Students should take good care of library materials when using them and carrying them in their backpacks. Books should be kept away from food, drink and pets. Be aware: younger siblings need supervision and should never write or draw in library books. It is helpful when students establish a safe place to store library materials when at home. Accidents do happen, however, and damaged or lost books must be paid for before new materials can be checked out. This policy should in no way deter library use, but rather help students recognize their responsibility and demonstrate respect for shared resources.