eBooks and Audiobooks to download (from Capital Region BOCES)
Sora has eBooks in a variety of formats: eBooks without narration, audiobooks without text and read-alongs with text, images and narration. Check out up to 5 books at a time using your Destiny library card number. Download books to your home computer, iPad, smartphone or e-reader and they will automatically be returned when your time is up (default is 28 days, but you can always return items early to make available for the next Sora user.)
- Open your browser and go to https://soraapp.com/welcome/login/200155
- Click the “My school is Capital Region BOCES” button
- Select Guilderland Central School District
- Enter username (your 5 digit student ID number)
- Click the Explore button on the bottom to browse titles
- Click on a book title that you want and click Borrow (if available) or Hold (if currently checked out)
- Sora should download and open your eBook automatically
- *Please be thoughtful of others and return books as soon as you finish them. Go to Shelf, select the book, click Options and Return.
eBooks to view while online
Capstone Interactive eBooks with audio narration are available through this Capstone link or through our Destiny Library Catalog. These eBooks are purchased through the Pine Bush Elementary library and are available online for unlimited access/users (pinebush login is required).
TumbleBook Library is an online collection of animated, talking picture books, great for elementary school students (link will auto-login).
PBE Library eBooks
Our library offers a growing collection of online resources through the Follett Destiny library catalog. To explore what’s available and access these eBooks and audio-enabled eBooks while online visit our library catalog at: Pine Bush Library Catalog (Destiny)
- Select Login button on the top right
- Enter Username: your student ID number and Password: last two digits of student ID
- Under the Catalog tab, change the Material Type drop down menu to Electronic Book (eBook)
- To view all eBooks in your school’s catalog, leave the search field blank and click Keyword button
- To search for eBooks on a topic, type in a search term and click Keyword button
- Results may include a variety of eBook sources like FollettShelf, Capstone eBooks, Rosen Online, ePoint Plus and DK Eyewitness. Click on the Open button or click on the title link and look in the record for a link to view the eBook.
PBE Library Digital Magazines (Ask, Click, Ladybug and Spider)
- Read magazines using Flipster with a web browser on a computer or mobile device. Flipster is a traditional magazine experience – highly illustrated articles with full-color artwork and photography, puzzles, activities and more. Audio narration is not available on Flipster.
- Download the app to read our magazines offline (Get the free Flipster app for iPads and iPhones, Android Phones and Tablets, and side-loaded to Kindle Fire Tablets.)
- To access back issues in your desktop or mobile web browser, open the most recent issue of a magazine and select the All Issues menu item in the right column to see all available issues.
- To access back issues in the mobile app, tap on the info icon associated with the magazine you are interested in. From the Details Screen, you can browse all available back issues.