Good organizational skills are a major factor in student success at the middle school level. To help students be well prepared, we have included a list of school supplies necessary for a successful year.
- 5 2-pocket folders, plastic 1) Math 2) Science 3) LA 4) SS 5)HW
- 1 pencil pouch all subjects
- 1 composition notebook Language Arts
- 2 packages of Post-Its all subjects
- 1 Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS scientific calculator Math/Science (…for 6th and 7th-grade use) 1 roll of Scotch tape all subjects
- 2 packages of pencils, sharpened all subjects
- 1 handheld manual pencil sharpener all subjects
- 2 pens, blue or black ink all subjects
- 4 highlighters all subjects
- 1 pair of scissors all subjects
- 2 100-sheet packages of looseleaf paper all subjects
- 1 package of colored pencils all subjects
- 1 package of glue sticks Math/Science/LA/SS
- 1 wired earbuds or headphones (cannot be bluetooth) all subjects
**Please label all binders and notebooks with your child’s name and homeroom number.**
Quantity Core Subject Supplies Subject
- 1 YELLOW One inch flexible binder Math
- 1 RED One inch flexible binder Science
- 1 Texas Instrument Scientific Calculator(TI-30 XIIS) Math/Science
- 1 Package of looseleaf paper Math/Science
- 1 YELLOW 1-subject spiral notebook Math
- 1 RED 1-subject spiral notebook Science
- 1 BLACK One inch binder with pockets LA/SS
- 1 Composition Notebook (college ruled) L/A (to be decorated in class)
- 1 Plastic folder with Pockets for Homework Any color
Traveling Supplies for All Classes
- 1 Backpack (large enough to fit supplies needed for the day)
- 1 Supply container/pencil case (plastic or fabric)
- 2 Packages of pencils
- 2 Packages of pens
- 2 Highlighters
- 2 Packages of eraser caps
- 2 Glue sticks
- 1 Package of colored pencils
- 1 Pair of earbuds
- 1 Pair of scissors
Materials should be kept in the student supply container. Extras can be left at home and replenished as needed during the school year.
We are looking forward to working with your child this year. As part of the Seneca 7 team we are hoping that your child will find this school year successful, challenging, and enjoyable. As the end of August approaches and those “Back to School” ads appear, we would like to suggest the following items listed below. We are very aware that circumstances for many families have changed over the past few months. If your family is experiencing hardship and unable to fulfill the student supply list, please contact any one of the team teachers and we will work with you to secure the materials needed for your student.
- 1 1 or 1 ½ inch 3-ring binders (math)
- 1 3 ring binder, any size (science)
- 3 Composition notebooks (LA)
- 1 Box colored pencils (personal use)
- Pens blue or black (no gel pens) (personal use)
- # 2 pencils (personal use)
- 1 Free reading selection (LA)
- 2 Boxes of tissues (homeroom)
- 1 Highlighters multi-color pack (science, math)
- 2 Pack post-it notes (math and LA)
- 1 TI-30X IIS scientific calculator*** please read below
- 1 Heavy duty plastic folder (optional HW folder for all classes)
- 1 Earbuds/headphones-wired (used for all classes)
***We would like to strongly suggest that you purchase the TI-30X IIS scientific calculator for your student for use in both math and science classes. Calculators will be available during math class time, but we cannot send calculators home with students. The NYS mathematics test for 7th graders allows the use of a calculator on the entire exam, and we feel it is important for each student to have his/her own calculator for math and science, especially for home use. We will be doing in-class calculator lessons with the students using only this particular model and it would be most beneficial to the students if they were able to follow these classroom instructions. This model allows the user to see what has been entered on the display screen and scroll back into prior work.
Students are allowed to have a different calculator but it will be their responsibility to keep their owner’s manual and learn how to use their own calculator.
We look forward to working with you and your child!
Matt Duesler (SS) DueslerM@guilderlandschools.net
Jessica Hanna (science) HannaJ@guilderlandschools.net
Mike Kavanaugh (ELA) KavanaughM@guilderlandschools.net
Patty Ryan (math) RyanP@guilderlandschools.net
Jennifer DeLaBruere (CT special ed) DeLaBruere@guilderlandschools.net
GENERAL CORE TEAM SUPPLIES (needed for all core classes)
One plastic 2-pocket homework folder; 1 package of highlighter pens; colored pencils; pens and pencils; erasers; glue sticks; earbuds; Post-it notes; small package of sharpie markers (average size)
Please give 1 box of tissues to your Homeroom teacher. (More is welcome if you are able! We often run out by March.)
SCIENCE WITH MRS. FORD and MS. WHALEN
Please note: Purchase supplies for Science 8 OR Living Environment, based on your child’s schedule.
Science 8: 2 pocket folder, composition notebook, colored pencils
Living Environment: Composition Notebook
MATH WITH MS. JUDGE and MS. WHALEN
Please note: Purchase supplies for Math 8 OR Algebra, based on your child’s schedule.
Math 8: 1 composition notebook, 1 two pocket folder, calculator (TI-30XIIS recommended)
Algebra: 1 composition notebook, 1 two pocket folder, calculator (TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator)
SOCIAL STUDIES WITH MRS. CAHILL and MS. DINCES
Interactive Notebook: We will be creating a virtual “notebook” of activities related to each of the topics/chapters we cover in class. Students have the option to complete this totally online (using just your Chromebook) OR to utilize a physical notebook – where they can print/ draw/ create at home and take pictures to insert into the digital notebook. If you choose the physical notebook option, here are the materials needed:
A large 8 ½ by 11 composition notebook, a bottle of Elmer’s glue, scissors.
Junior Scholastic’s Magazine: This is our current events magazine. Students may choose to subscribe via a virtual OR a paper model.
Virtual: A check for $5.50 made out to FMS. All resources available via an online login.
Paper: A check for $9.50 made out to FMS. You will receive a paper copy of the magazine as well as have the ability to utilize the online resources.
LANGUAGE ARTS WITH MR. TUXBURY and MS. DINCES
One two-pocket folder and your choice of independent reading book (you can bring ones you own or use the Libby app or Sora to get an eBook.)