Starting the evening of September 10, all GCSD families received an email containing a custom link to a daily health survey for each child they have in the district. Parents/guardians are asked to complete the survey right away as a trial run, so they can see what it looks like and bookmark the link for future use.
On September 14, All GCSD students in grades K-12 will start their regular school schedules, for some that will be in person every day, alternating days of in person and remote, or fully remote. All GCSD parents are required to complete the daily health survey each morning by 7:00 a.m. prior to sending their child to in-person school. When the survey is initially released, all families will receive the email, but in the first weeks of school, adjustments will be made so that students with alternating schedules will only receive the email with the survey link on the days they will be attending in-person instruction.
Learn more about the daily health screening survey below:
- Who needs to complete the daily COVID-19 health survey?
- What does the screening include?
- How will I receive the GCSD Daily COVID-19 Health Survey?
- What does the daily health survey look like?
- What if I have questions about the GCSD Daily COVID-19 Health Survey?
All GCSD parents/guardians are required to complete a daily COVID-19 health survey each morning by 7:00 a.m. prior to sending their child to school. All GCSD staff are also required to complete a daily COVID-19 health survey before entering the building. This daily routine is vitally important to the success of the new school year.
The daily COVID-19 health screening asks for the following information:
- A request that parents take their child/ren’s temperature each morning prior to coming to school. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0F or higher should not come to school.
- The form also includes (these areas are already pre-filled):
- Student name
- School building
- Parents/guardians will need to respond yes or no to the following questions:
- Have you traveled internationally or to one of the following states in the past 14 days: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin?
- Have you knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14-days?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms that are not attributable to another condition: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or at least two of the following symptoms: fever (above 100.0), chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell?
If you receive a confirmation screen indicating that you are not to send your child to school, do not send your child to school and contact your contact the school’s attendance office and school nurse.
- Every day, an email from The Guilderland Central School District, noreply@edvistas will be sent around 2:00 a.m. to a child’s parents/guardians who are listed in eSchoolData.
- The screening survey only needs to be filled out by one parent/guardian for each child each morning by 7:00 a.m. prior to the child entering the school building.
- A reminder email will be sent before school to families of students who have not completed the survey so it can be completed before the school day begins.
- If you have more than one child in Guilderland Central School District, there will be a link for each child in the emails you receive. You will need to complete an individual survey for each child every morning by 7:00 a.m. prior to sending them to school.
If you have questions about your child’s health or possible exposure to COVID-19, please contact your child’s health care provider. If your child’s screening results in an indication to not report to school, please contact your school attendance office and contact your school nurse to report the child absent.
For questions about receiving the GCSD Daily COVID-19 Health Survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.