Updated: Feb. 18, 2021
This daily routine is vitally important to the success of offering in-person instruction.
- GCSD parents/guardians are required to complete a daily COVID-19 health survey each morning before sending their child to school.
- All GCSD staff members are required to complete a daily COVID-19 health survey before entering the building.
- Any vendor or visitor cannot enter a GCSD school building without completing a health survey. You can find the visitor health survey here.
- Please note, that if anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 the student or staff member cannot go into a school building until the symptomatic family member receives negative COVID-19 test results (lab-based/PCR test). More information about the protocol for symptomatic household members.
The form includes the following pre-filled areas:
- Student name
- School building
Parents/guardians will need to respond yes or no to the following questions:
- Have you traveled internationally or to any state which does not border New York State (NYS) in the past 10 days?
- Have you knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 10 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or does anyone in your household currently have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Do you have a temperature of 100.0 F° or greater, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, headache, fatigue, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose, and/or muscle or body aches?
If you receive a confirmation screen indicating that you are not to send your child to school, do not send your child to school and contact your school nurse.
- A daily email from The Guilderland Central School District from noreply@edvistas will be sent around 2:00 a.m. to a child’s parents/guardians listed in eSchoolData. A reminder email will be sent before school to families of students who have not completed the survey so it can be completed before the school day begins.
- The survey only needs to be filled out by one parent/guardian for each child each morning before entering the school building.
- If you have more than one child in Guilderland Central School District, there will be a link for each child in the emails you receive. You will need to complete an individual survey for each child every morning before sending them to school.
If you have questions about your child’s health or possible exposure to COVID-19, please contact your child’s health care provider. If your child’s screening results indicate not to report to school, please contact your school nurse to report the child absent.
For questions about receiving the GCSD Daily COVID-19 Health Survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.