- Health Checks & Screenings
- Physical Distancing, Face Coverings & PPE
- Infection Control Strategies
- Continuing Instruction for Students Under Quarantine Orders
- Return to School Protocols
- School Meals
- School Activities
- Layered Mitigation Protocol Chart
The NYS COVID-19 Report Card is available to the public on the New York State Department of Health website and includes daily case statistics from schools throughout the state.
About the NYS COVID-19 Report Card
- All NYS schools are required to submit a daily report to the state of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to a school.
- The district is required to report cases where someone shows symptoms of COVID-19, but has not been tested or has not received an alternative diagnosis within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms. These cases are also reported as “positive.”
- The state includes an estimate of “Lab Reported Positives based on Residential Address” for each school district, which means individuals who reside within the district and could include students who do not attend a GCSD school. Examples include homeschool students, and students who attend a private school or another public school outside of the district.
Suspected COVID-19 Cases at GCSD
Anyone who is suspected of COVID-19 will be directed to contact their health care provider for evaluation and possible testing. The state and local health departments will be notified immediately of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual in school facilities or on school grounds.
Contact tracing and quarantine orders will be directed by the local health department. The district will participate fully in all contact tracing efforts so that local health officials can contact and notify families of any possible exposure to COVID-19, and direct families of the necessary steps (testing, quarantine, etc.)
Find more information about childcare options and the CARES Child Care Scholarship for income-eligible essential workers.
The CDC recommends that you delay travel until you are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, follow CDC’s recommendations for people who are not fully vaccinated.
People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization can travel safely within the United States.
CDC will update these recommendations as more people are vaccinated, as rates of COVID-19 change, and as additional scientific evidence becomes available. This guidance applies to travel within the United States and U.S. territories. Click here for more information.
Albany County Department of Health
Albany County Department of Health
Sat & Sun: 8:30am–6:00pm
- ACDOH website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- ACDOH website: COVID-19 Testing & Results
- ACDOH website: COVID-19 Dashboard
New York State Department of Health
Call the NYSDOH hotline at 1-888-364-3065 (24 hours) or fill out this form to ask a question about COVID-19
- NYSDOH Website: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NYSDOH Handout: COVID-19 Pre-K to Gr. 12 Toolkit
- Governor Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
New York State Office of Mental Health
OMH Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314
The Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling.
New York State OMH website offers resources on managing anxiety in difficult times, Coronavirus-related guidance for healthcare providers and how to volunteer to help.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
World Health Organization
Talking to Children about the Coronavirus COVID-19
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
(National Association of School Psychologists)
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus
(Child Mind Institute)
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus