It is with great pleasure that we welcome you back to the 2020-2021 school year! This year promises to be an exciting year and an opportunity for learning for our communities. We have worked to plan for the upcoming school year keeping in mind three priorities. First, our goal was to provide in-person instruction for our youngest and most vulnerable students. Second, we worked to ensure a healthy and safe school experience for all students and staff. Lastly, we worked to develop flexible systems that would allow us to address unexpected changes that may occur during the school year. It is our hope that this year proves to be a safe and enjoyable year for our students while maintaining the standard of excellence a Guilderland Education offers our students and families.
We appreciate all the patience and flexibility you have shown these past six months. Please reach out if you need assistance of any kind. This includes supporting a child with their academic work, following up with any social-emotional issues, and any support with technology or meal delivery.
As always, thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your child’s principal so we can work together to make the best of these challenging times.
Beth Bini, Principal, Westmere Elementary School
Peter Brabant, Principal, Altamont Elementary School
Allan Lockwood, Principal, Guilderland Elementary School
Alicia Rizzo, Principal, Lynnwood Elementary School
Chris Sanita, Principal, Pine Bush Elementary School
- This year, in-school learners will receive instruction through a grade-level cohort model, as opposed to one classroom teacher.
- The cohort team structure means all students will be seen by all members of the cohort team throughout the day. This model will be different for students who attend Lynnwood Elementary school. Students at Lynnwood will have a classroom teacher assigned as in the more traditional model. This is due to the fact that the physical make-up of Lynnwood classrooms allows for appropriate social distancing.
- Each grade level team will share a welcome letter with you and your child.
- You can find your child’s homeroom assignment in the eSchoolData Parent Portal.
- Your child will report to their homeroom each morning.
- Remote-only learners will receive a classroom teacher assignment and further information will be forthcoming from that teacher.
|TA or Related Service Staff|
Grades K-2: 7:30 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Grades 3 and 4: 8:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- We will not have a supervised morning drop-off program or any after school activities this year.
- Students will not be permitted to enter the building before 7:30 a.m. (for K-2) or 8:15 a.m. (for grades 3 and 4) unless they are registered with the Guilderland YMCA before-care program in their respective school.
- Students will not be permitted to remain in the building after 1:45 p.m. (for K-2) and 2:30 p.m. (for grades 3 and 4) unless they are registered with the Guilderland YMCA after-care program at their respective school.
- Schools are allotting for a “gradual entry.” K-2 students should arrive between 7:30-7:45 and grades 3 & 4 students should arrive between 8:15-8:30.
The Guilderland Central School District is partnering with the Guilderland YMCA to offer before- and after-school childcare for elementary and middle school students. The programs will be housed in each of the district’s elementary schools and the Farnsworth Middle School.
- The week of September 8th has been designated as a Remote Instruction week for all students in grades 1-5.
- The schedules will include about a half day’s worth of activities, community building and instruction.
- Kindergarten students will be coming to the school for brief transition activities and those schedules have already been sent to kindergarten families. Contact your building principal if you did not receive information or if you have questions.
- The schedules for the remote learning for all other students in grades 1 – 5 will be coming out shortly.
Please visit your school’s page to view supply lists for grades K-5.
- Altamont Elementary School Supply List
- Guilderland Elementary School Supply List
- Lynnwood Elementary School Supply List
- Pine Bush Elementary School Supply List
- Westmere Elementary School Supply List