Please see the message below from Superintendent Dr. Marie Wiles:
Dear GCSD Families,
This week our staff has been hard at work participating in professional development and preparing for the start of school next week. We are so excited to see our students, even if only virtually! By now, you have received welcome letters from your schools with insight into what next week will look like. You can also view that information on the school website:
There are a few updates that I want to make you aware of and that you can review below.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and are able to enjoy some rest and relaxation before we kick off the start of what is certain to be a memorable school year!
Dr. Marie Wiles
Update to Grade 8 Orientation Schedule, September 8-11
Students and families of 8th-graders received a notification from GHS about a change to their orientation schedule during the week of September 8-11. Please see the revised schedule below:
- Tuesday, Sept. 8: Group 1 & Group 2 students follow their A-day schedule remotely.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9: Group 1 & Group 2 students follow their B-day schedule remotely.
- Thursday, Sept. 10:
- Group 1 will be in-person and will follow their C-day schedule.
- Group 2 will follow their C-day schedule remotely.
- Friday, Sept 11:
- Group 2 will be in-person and will follow their D-day schedule.
- Group 1 will follow their D-day schedule remotely.
These remote days will be an opportunity for the teacher team to interact with the students and discuss the school safety protocols, classroom expectations, and student movement procedures. We believe that spending this time in advance of in-person instruction will allow students to feel more confident as they enter the building for the first time.
Remote Meeting Information
Between now and over the weekend, teachers will be sending out information and invitations to students in grades K-12 via Seesaw, or email to Google Classrooms or Google Meets for next week’s remote-only reopening of school. Please note that Kindergarten students will follow the orientation schedule of in-person and remote instruction that they were provided by their teachers.
Please be sure to check your email in addition to your child’s Guilderland Central School District Email for more information and reach out to your building principal with any questions.
Information in the eSchoolData Parent Portal
Bus information is now available in the eSchoolData Parent Portal under the “Buses” tab. If you have any questions concerning transportation, please contact the transportation department at 518-861-6434.
Additional information that can now be viewed in the eSchoolData Parent Portal.
- For grades K-5: Student placement information is viewable.
- For grades 6-8: House and Team placements are viewable.
- For grades 7-12: To indicate which alternating days students will be in person or remote for hybrid instruction, there is a colored dot under the student photo. If you hover over the dot the information will display:
- Yellow: Trav, Group 1
- Blue: Trav, Group 2
- Green: Remote Only