The Class of 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 24, at 11 a.m. at the MVP Arena (formerly Times Union Center) on South Pearl St, Albany. The program will take approximately 2 hours.
Graduation Rehearsal, Wednesday, June 22 at 2:30 p.m. , GHS East Gym
- Student rehearsal for commencement will take place on Wednesday, June 22, 2:30 p.m., in the Guilderland High School East Gym and will last approximately one hour. Any senior planning to attend the commencement program must be in attendance at the rehearsal.
Cap and Gown Distribution
- Caps and gowns will be distributed after rehearsal in the Large Cafeteria. Caps and gowns will not be distributed prior to rehearsal.
- All Chromebooks, chargers, books and other materials must be returned and all fines/fees paid prior to a student receiving a cap and gown. There are no exceptions. Students are encouraged to go to the appropriate department and return materials or pay all fines/fees prior to the June 22 rehearsal. Before rehearsal there will be tables set up near the East Gym to collect Chromebooks as well as for last minute payments.
Graduation, Friday, June 24, 11 a.m. in the MVP Arena
Admission Information for Graduates
- On Commencement day, students are asked to arrive at the MVP Arena no later than 10 a.m.
- Students should enter the arena from the Beaver Street entrance (closest to South Pearl). Students will line up in the hallway outside the arena so that we can process in.
Admission Information for Family Members and Guests
- Admissions will be walk-up. Tickets or pre-registration are not needed. Graduation will be open seating at the event.
- Handicap seating is available on the top of each seating section.
- The doors to the MVP Arena will open at 10 a.m. for guest seating. Guests should enter from the main entrance on South Pearl Street.
- Parking will be available in the garage directly behind the arena as well as in the adjoining Capital Center. Parking will cost $5. There is also additional parking in private lots around the MVP Arena.
- Guests will go through a security check from MVP Arena staff at the entrance to the arena. We strongly recommend not bringing a bag, to expedite entering the arena.
Viewing the Ceremony
The ceremony will be live-streamed and will be available on the GHS Media YouTube channel.
MVP Arena Address and Directions
- Address: 51 S. Pearl St., Albany; https://www.mvparena.com/center-info/directions/
- Directions from Guilderland:
- Take I-90 East to I-787.
- Merge onto I-787 South toward Albany/Rensselaer.
- Take Exit 3B for Madison Ave/Port of Albany.
- Bear right at third light onto South Pearl St.
- MVP Arena (formerly Times Union Center) is on the left.