The Guilderland Central School District is dedicated to the success of our students and continuing their academic and social-emotional growth during our extended school closure is important.
Continuity of Instruction
Starting on April 1, 2020, online learning focused on teaching new content. Although these new methods of instruction are not the same as in a traditional classroom, learning how to stay connected and engaged in education during this difficult time is how we will continue to inspire all students to be active life-long learners in the face of an ever-changing global community.
Please visit the GCSD Home Learning website to get more detailed information about the instruction plan by grade level. You can download and print a PDF summary of instruction plans by grade level below.
- Elementary school level summary for continuity of instruction.
- Middle school level summary of continuity of instruction.
- High school level summary of continuity of instruction.
Individual teachers will provide instruction and content. Overall, it is important for students and families to stay connected with their teachers. Please communicate any concerns as they arise — we are all in this together and will get through this together.
We created a website for home learning for students and families to navigate online continuity of instruction and additional educational engagement. All of the materials that your child will need to engage in learning from home can be accessed at this single point of entry.
What you need to know:
- The website is organized by level (elementary, middle, high), by building, by house and team at FMS, and by individual teacher at the elementary level.
- Middle and high school students should log in using their Google Classroom account.
- At the elementary level, there are options for students and/or parents to log into each teacher’s learning platform and/or class materials and activities.
- The site also has resources to support the social and emotional well-being of your children, as well as additional educational engagement resources.
Additionally, principals and instructional administrators will be available by email during normal school hours to answer any questions you may have regarding the resources.
- Altamont Elementary School
- Guilderland Elementary School
- Lynnwood Elementary School
- Pine Bush Elementary School
- Westmere Elementary School
- Farnsworth Middle School
- Guilderland High School
WMHT Public Media Educational Programming Block
WMHT is offering an educational programming block and online resources targeted at students pre-k through 12.
For the complete programming schedule, related resources, and additional home learning opportunities, visit wmht.org/homeclassroom.
Social and Emotional Learning
To support families and students, the district created a site compiling social and emotional resources including contact information for district mental health service workers, general resources for parents, and programs for students of all ages. Visit the social and emotional learning resources page.